We are an interdisciplinary group of academic researchers from different nationalities and backgrounds. This group was formed in 2021 with the mission to better understand crypto as a complex cultural, social, technical, and economic system.
We want to study the present and future relevance of crypto for society in general. In this quest, we pledge to follow to highest standards of scientific research and to make freely and widely available all our findings.
We strive to deliver research that is:
UnbiasedWe are not affiliated to nor sponsored by any crypto project. Our research is completely independent, unbiased and neutral. We are committed to operating ethically with full integrity and transparency. Also, we are devoted to act in a proper, fair, and clear manner in relationships with both public and private stakeholders involved in our research.
InclusiveCrypto is a complex techno-social process of planetary scale and its full deployment will bring about consequences that transcend national boundaries. We strive to keep maximum inclusivity and accessibility for our studies, currently translated in 29 languages across all continents. We further pledge to keep all the results of our research public.
EthicalOur crypto survey was reviewed and approved by the Ethics Committee of the University of Mannheim (EK 50/2021). We apply a strict non-deception policy, meaning that all the information we present to you in this web site and in our surveys is truthful and accurate to the best of our knowledge.
GDPR CompliantAll the information that we gather in our research as State of Crypto researchers will be handled confidentially and stored in a secure server in Germany and protected by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Our network of institutions include:
- The University of Mannheim is one of the leading higher education institutions in Germany, ranked first for economic research. Located in Mannheim, Baden-Württemberg.
- The University of Heidelberg, founded in 1386, is Germany's oldest university. 57 Nobel laureates are affiliated with the city of Heidelberg and 33 with the university itself. Located in Hedelberg, Baden-Württemberg.
- The Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona is one of the top public Spanish universities. Located in Cerdanyola del Vallès, near the city of Barcelona, it was founded more than half century ago.
- The École Polytechnique was founded more than two-hundred years ago and is one of the most prestigious and selective public institution of higher education in France.
- The Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems combines interdisciplinary research in the growing field of intelligent systems.
If you are a researcher interested in joining the network feel free to reach out via social media or email: info [at] stateofcrypto [dot] net.